Ninety-One is an independent, active global asset manager dedicated to delivering compelling outcomes for its clients. Established in South Africa in 1991, as Investec Asset Management, the firm started offering domestic investments in an emerging market. In 2020, almost three decades of organic growth later, the firm demerged from Investec Group and became Ninety-One. Today the firm offers distinctive active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives to institutions, advisors and individual investors around the world.
- Ninety-One has been using Salesforce since 2016, they are using sales cloud and Service cloud each team has its own operation sales team manages the sale process from creating lead to opportunities and the Service team manages the case that comes from different source like integration from silica and some from email to case
- Ninety-One currently are still using the salesforce classic interface and integration and custom code still references the visual force pages, salesforce.
- Migrate from Classic to Lightning Experience
- Migrating the Lightning Experience has enhanced the operation of the organization. Relevant information is surfaced for each screen, streamlining processes and making workflows more intuitive.
- The new interface will delight users because of two key improvements. First, the cool stuff from the mobile experience is now available to desktop users in the collapsible navigation. Second, the Note’s “autosave” functionality and the rich-text capabilities are here to ensure a better experience.
- Lightning Experience
- By deploying the Lightning Experience to Ninety-One has increased the productivity level, the navigation is made it easy with less clicks. Buttons that used to reference the visualforce page and apex now references the lighting components and this has improved the speed of processing data to show on the User Interface.
- Lightning has given access to Einstein AI features – Einstein forecasting and Einstein opportunity insights.